News from the Cornell NCRN node
- John Abowd to Receive 2016 Julius Shiskin Award Tue, May 31, 2016 - John M. Abowd, Edmund Ezra Day Professor at Cornell University and currently Associate Director for Research and Methodology and Chief Scientist at the Census Bureau, has been selected to receive the 2016 Julius Shiskin Memorial Award for Economic Statistics. The award recognizes original and unusually important contributions in the development of economic statistics or in the use of statistics in…
- LDI Replication Project (Summer 2016) looking for undergraduate researchers Tue, May 3, 2016 - All positions have been filled. We are looking for up to 4 students to work on the LDI replication project in the Summer of 2016 as undergraduate research interns.
- LDI Replication Project looking for undergraduate researchers Wed, Jan 27, 2016 - We are looking for up to 6 students to work on the LDI replication project as undergraduate researchers.
- JAGS 4.1 RPM packages released. Wed, Jan 20, 2016 - We provide packaging support for JAGS (Just Another Gibbs Sampler). Version 4.1 was recently released, and binary packages are now available. More details at https://www.ncrn.cornell.edu/software/jags-for-rhel-centos-opensuse/.
- Abowd will lead Census Bureau’ Research and Methodology Directorate Thu, Dec 10, 2015 - ILR Professor, Director of the Labor Dynamics Institute, and Principal Investigator of the Cornell NCRN node John M. Abowd will join the U.S. Census Bureau as associate director for research and methodology and as chief scientist, Census Bureau Director John H. Thompson announced today. The appointment is effective June 1. Abowd will lead research centers devoted to domains of investigation…
News from the NSF-Census Research Network
Tue, May 03, 2016