News from the Cornell NCRN node
- Update on next INFO7470 class (2017) Wed, Dec 21, 2016 - Several potential participants have asked about when INFO7470 will be on the program again. This post aims to provide guidance on that. In short, the next version is likely to be in the Fall of 2017.
- AMSTAT seminar on reproducible research Wed, Oct 5, 2016 - We encourage you to sign up and attend! See our event page for more details.
- John M. Abowd gives the Julius Shiskin Memorial Award Seminar on Sept 6, 2016 Wed, Aug 31, 2016 - John M. Abowd, NCRN Cornell and now Associate Director for Research and Methodology and Chief Scientist at the U.S. Census Bureau is the2016 Recipient of Julius Shiskin Memorial Award for Economic Statistics. He will speak on September 6, 2016 at the WSS JULIUS SHISKIN MEMORIAL AWARD SEMINAR on “How Will Statistical Agencies Operate When All Data are Private?”
- John Abowd to Receive 2016 Julius Shiskin Award Tue, May 31, 2016 - John M. Abowd, Edmund Ezra Day Professor at Cornell University and currently Associate Director for Research and Methodology and Chief Scientist at the Census Bureau, has been selected to receive the 2016 Julius Shiskin Memorial Award for Economic Statistics. The award recognizes original and unusually important contributions in the development of economic statistics or in the use of statistics in…
- LDI Replication Project (Summer 2016) looking for undergraduate researchers Tue, May 3, 2016 - All positions have been filled. We are looking for up to 4 students to work on the LDI replication project in the Summer of 2016 as undergraduate research interns.
News from the NSF-Census Research Network
Mon, Jan 09, 2017
John Eltinge is the new Assistant Director for Research and Methodology at the Census BureauWed, Dec 21, 2016
Wed, Dec 14, 2016