News from the Cornell NCRN node
- JAGS 4.3 RPM packages released. Mon, Jul 9, 2018 - We provide packaging support for JAGS (Just Another Gibbs Sampler). Version 4.3 was released in July 2017, and binary packages for a variety of Linux distributions are now available. More details at https://www.ncrn.cornell.edu/software/jags-for-rhel-centos-opensuse/.
- Release of CED2AR 220.127.116.11 (Metadata management and editing software) Wed, Feb 28, 2018 - We released CED2AR v18.104.22.168 for download. The software is deployed on our live CED2AR instances as well, including the live demo at https://demo.ncrn.cornell.edu. New Features The following high level features have been added in this release: New +Create tab in Manage codebooks page. – Allows the user to take a dataset (Stata or SPSS) and generate a basic DDI-C codebook.…
- Forthcoming Synthetic Business Data in Canada announced Thu, Nov 16, 2017 - The Canadian Productivity Partnership announced on November 15, 2017 that Synthetic business data developed by M. Jahangir Alam & Benoit Dostie from @HEC_Montreal with Lars Vilhuber from @Cornell in partnership with @StatCan_eng / @StatCan_fra and @CDNProductivity!
- Census Bureau @ Cornell Seminar Series Fri, Sep 29, 2017 - CISER and the Labor Dynamics Institute have partnered to invite a number of Census Bureau researchers to present on a variety of topics at Cornell University. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about exciting research done at the largest US statistical agency, research behind the economic, demographic, geographic, sociological data that many applied researchers use in their research. Some…
- A realistic base file for testing privacy-preserving data analysis and publication algorithms Thu, May 25, 2017 - We wanted to make you all aware of a new data asset that the Labor Dynamics Institute, supported by the Sloan Foundation, has now made available. We have built a synthetic population of the United States entirely from public-use data in the American Community Survey. Unlike some of the other synthetic data projects we have undertaken in the past, these…
News from the NSF-Census Research Network
Fri, Mar 23, 2018
Wed, Feb 28, 2018